- that one multiple choice test tells us everything we need to know about a student, her teacher, and her school.
- that students are engaged in or will find a future need for the kinds of learning we are requiring of them. (See #1.)
- that we know what college and career readiness means for this year's seniors, much less for a kindergartener (or that it has any real meaning at all).
- that education reform is about student outcomes. (Spoiler alert: It's about money.)
- that teachers are the cause of all of society's ills, or that we can cure all of them.
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
We Have to Stop Pretending...
When it comes to #oklaed, we have to stop pretending...